This is what I’ve figured out. I keep justifying the following to people around me (and this includes people I meet for the first time):
- Why I’m not a SAHM: There was this incident at a party where I said “I really tried it for 6 months, I really did” to a women I met for the first time. She avoided me for the rest of the evening.
- Why I’ve not yet had my second child: I do want to, however, I’m too tired to figure out the logistics.
- Why I work 12-14 hours, sometimes more, and then feel so guilty that I don’t workout or socialize and spend all my time making it up to V: After which I flop in front of my SATC dvds with a glass of herbal tea and a bar of chocolate
- Why I juggle my meetings on days that the nanny takes off: Hello, I am the mother here, I have to pick my daughter up from school and feed her
- Why the Techie shares a certain amount of child care responsibility with me on days that I can’t be in two places at one time: No one cares that I share a certain amount of the business responsibility (that’s apparently my choice) and all of the domestic responsibility (sorry I know I’m close to whining here)
- Why the Techie and I can’t drop everything and and take the little munchkin on a summer break: I actually have to convince myself on this one, though the facts of no money and time, are staring me in the face
- Why I don’t do “Me Time” – Hey you, you think I don’t want to? Well, I desperately do, I just dont’ have the time