I decided to take a personal break at lunch today (before a big partner meet) and browse the book store (they had a 3 for 2 offer I didn’t want to miss). Here’s what I got:
- Desperate in Dubai: I’ve followed this writer’s blog for a while and decided to see how that story ends (she actually got a book offer based on her blog!). Plus anything with Dubai can hook me, it’s too much a part of who I am, the good and the bad
- Freakonomics: I don’t have my own copy and end up reading bits and pieces from my brother’s whenever I visit. It’s very entertaining and insightful at the same time and a book I can keep referring to
- The First Floods: This is the first part of a series on the Chola Kings of South India. It was originally written in Tamil as a series in a magazine and has now been consolidated into a book and translated into English. It’s got drama, intrigue, romance, mystery and action
- Vogue, Elle and Harpers Bazar
- The Tudors: DVDs of part 1 to 3 of the T.V. series
According to most psychologists and detective novels you can tell a lot about a person by the contents of their shopping basket. I feel like mine says – loves the Middle East, history, fun research and girlie stuff – which is kind of right, however, misses out on my love of art and the fact that I’m quite a tomboy at heart.
What books, magazines and DVDs have you bought lately? What does you book basket say about you?