I have been away so long, that I almost forgot my password! The longer I stayed away, the tougher it was to get back. So much has been going on at work (the deal we were working on for a year closed this month!) and at home ( my cousin’s getting married and the whole family is flying in from all over the world), plus the little one’s having her summer hols, so though I had fully formed posts running through my head, there just wasn’t enough energy at the end of the day to actual type it out. In fact, I’ve been a lurker on my favourite blogs, reading them as I doze off in the night and not leaving my usually chatty comments (sorry).
Anyway, all that’s hopefully in the past and I’m going to get back to regular programming this week. To start with here are five things that have cheered me up this month:
- Finding a Wilbur Smith book I have never read! I’m crazy about this author and thought I had read every single book by him. What a pleasant surprise to discover that I had missed one over the years
- Taking a 36 hour trip with my dad. V and the techie joined in at the last moment, but I still managed some quality father daughter time on the road
- Dancing the night away at V’s 4th birthday. The party was planned and executed in 48 hours, after multiple plans fell through, however, it turned out to be a super success
- Finding V’s iPad after I thought I had lost it. Major high that one hour
- Celebrating a girlfriend’s birthday with the new set of girlfriends I made over the last year (remember my Girlfriend Search? I need to update you all on that). A sure fire stress buster
What are your pick-me ups?
P.S. – Elisa I apologise for the delay in doing the tagged post. Next up for sure.